Wednesday 24 June 2009

Banana Bread

50g/2 oz butter
115g/4 oz golden caster sugar
225g/8 oz self raising flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 ripe bananas, mashed
115ml/4 fl oz milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g/2 1/2 oz chopped walnuts (or any nuts, sultanas, dried cranberries or blueberries. Also just as good plain)

1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 350F or 180C
2. Cream the butter and sugar together
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour into an oiled loaf tin and bake for 50

My son and I really dislike bananas. I've tried this cake plain and didn't like it. Adding cranberries or blueberries disguises the banana taste slightly, it isn't my favourite cake but is edible this way. My daughters love the cake so it is an ideal one to make, I can resist - good for my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment